Visa Debit Card
First State Bank Debit Card Fraud Protection Text Alerts – smsGuardian
If you have a First State Bank debit card, you can enroll in smsGuardian fraud protection text alert notification service. This service allows customers to receive and respond to sms text messages regarding specified debit card transactions. There is no charge for this service, but message and data rates may apply.
If you receive a text message about a transaction that you think is fraudulent, you can reply to the text message and your card will immediately be blocked from further criminal activity.
- This added layer of security enables fraudulent activity to be identified and stopped immediately which significantly reduces the likelihood that more unauthorized transactions will occur.
- Enrollment will be good for one year. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your Guardian account, and can text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider will require you to re-enroll your mobile device in the Guardian program.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian alert.
- You may unsubscribe from this service on the Website.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked.
- There is no charge for this service, but Message and Data Rates may apply.
smsGuardian will send a text to you when one of the following situations occur:
- Authorizations Greater than $500
- 5 or more Transactions/ Authorizations in a rolling 24- hour period
- Card Not Present – i.e. Authorizations by phone or online
- Declined Authorizations
Example of Text Alert-
CCB Guardian Alert on card 1234 for 5+ trans in 24hr, recent tran at AMAZON.COM – Reply CW2S3HNO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.